Complete landlord insurance – a market leading rate
CHU Landlords Insurance for Strata covers apartments, units, villas and townhouses to offer you complete insurance. So you can continue to receive rent if you tenant defaults, suddenly departs or damages your property so that is unfit to be occupied.
Get a quick quote in less than 2 minutes to compare our cover and see how you can save on your landlords insurance, plus save an additional 10%* if you apply by 31 March 2019.
What does CHU Landlord Insurance for Strata cover?
Our Landlord Insurance policy gives you protection against loss or damage across a range of different situations:
Theft and burglary
Loss of rentable value
Escape of liquid
Local Claims support
Contents in the open air
The following important features are standard inclusions. No need to ‘upgrade’ or ‘purchase extras’:
- Loss of rent: Protection if your tenant absconds or defaults on their rental payments. We also insure loss of rentable value if during the period of insurance your property is unfit to be occupied.
- Flood cover: Cover for loss or damage caused by flooded rivers, creeks and other bodies of water
- Motor burnout: Up to $2,000 to repair or replace the motor of household equipment and appliances less than 10 years old
- Tenant theft and malicious damage: Cover against loss or damage caused by vandalism, malicious acts; or theft caused by your Tenants or their guests to your property
- 21 day cooling off period with $0 cancellation fee: You can cancel your insurance within the first 21 days for a full refund. You may also cancel your policy at any time for a pro-rated refund.
- Legal Liability: Covering you for up to 30,000,000 for the death or injury to someone in your property. You will also be covered defending a claim.
Why choose CHU?
Multi award winning
Almost 1 million properties protected
24/7 Claims Process and Emergency Hotline
Over 40 years of insurance expertise
Is your building insured via CHU?
CHU organises insurance for the largest number of residential buildings in Australia, protecting almost 1,000,000 properties across Australia. When your building insurance is also via CHU and you make a claim for your unit, you receive these additional benefits. Contact your local branch now to see if your building is insured.
- Save on your excess payment : Save up to $500 with your excess if CHU insures your building and you and the Owners Corporation/ Body Corporate make a valid claim for the same event. The value of your claim must exceed the amount of your excess.
- Speedier repairs : If your personal property and your building is damaged in the same event, your property will be repaired or replaced quicker by a tradesman of your choosing.
PDS and policy wording
Landlords Insurance Flyer
Should be read in conjunction with latest Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording.
CHU’s landlord’s ‘safetynet plus’ insurance
Product comparison for existing customers transferring from CHU landlord's 'safetynet plus' to the new Landlords Insurance for Strata.
Want to know more about strata in your state?